Business Head – FlytWare
Location: Pune, India
FlytBase is a 4-year old, venture-funded, high growth startup – a global pioneer in software-led automation of commercial drone applications. The team has a cumulative professional experience of several decades, with engineering graduates from IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Texas & Georgia Tech.
FlytBase develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use-cases. FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the ‘NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019.
FlytWare combines intelligent software with reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware for safe and cost-effective automation of inventory counts in warehouses, distribution centers, and large retail stores such as warehouse clubs.
What Will Be My Role & Responsibilities?
As the Business Head of FlytWare, your responsibilities will include:
- Building a new business unit from the initial stages for a deep-tech product startup. Setup the business development, sales and customer-success teams (international) for the same.
- P&L ownership. Set sales targets, revenue forecasts.
- Building strategic partnerships and long-term relationships with key customers.
- Articulating the features, capabilities and benefits of FlytBase warehouse offerings and convert them into marketing messages, FAQs, business case templates, RoI calculators, etc.
- Analyzing and segment the market for FlytBase supply chain offerings, including market size and growth rates by geography, business drivers, customer pain points, etc.
- Analyzing the competitive context for FlytBase supply chain offerings
- Contributing to overall Product Strategy.
- Ownership of deal closure, customer contracts.
- Meetings (online and offline) with prospective customers. Identification of new opportunities and adjacent markets.
- Developing and executing strategies to land-and-expand, maximize customer lifetime value, get referrals, maximize customer satisfaction, accelerate the sales cycle, etc.
- Developing and executing initiatives to maximize the number of qualified leads via digital marketing, technology and GTM partnerships, AI-enabled tools, etc.
- Providing day to day supervision to the Sales & Marketing teams.
Should I Apply?
Only those candidates need to apply who:
- Have an undergraduate degree in engineering and 8+ years of full-time experience in cross-border business development, technology marketing.
- Experience in building/shaping cross-functional teams – sales, marketing, product development, and strategy to be effective at a fast growing product startup.
- Experience in working with global customers, particularly from North America and Europe.
- Exhibit strong managerial, organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience in selling enterprise software products, platforms, solutions or services related to industrial automation, warehouse automation, warehouse management systems, warehouse robots, inventory management solutions, supply chain automation and related domains.
- Should be familiar with playbook of similar product companies/startups (B2B SaaS/RaaS).
What Will I Earn?
This role comes with an annual CTC (and stock options) that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
Professional autonomy, talented colleagues, strong meritocracy, zero bureaucracy and a company-wide sense of purpose.