Android Developer (Immediate Joiner)
Experience : 2+ Years
Location: Pune, India
We are looking for a Passionate Android Developer to join our award-winning, talented team, building the next generation automated drone applications for our global customers. You will be responsible for the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
FlytBase is a 4-year old, venture-funded, high growth startup – a global pioneer in software-led automation of commercial drone applications. The team has a cumulative professional experience of several decades, with engineering graduates from IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Texas & Georgia Tech.
FlytBase develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use-cases. FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the ‘NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019’.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable android code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, ship new features, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in designing and building Android applications.
- Good knowledge in programming concepts – OOPs, design & coding patterns.
- Experience in developing Android applications using Kotlin/Java.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, MVC, MVP and MVVM patterns.
- Strong knowledge of MAPS, Sqlite, GPS functionality etc.
- Strong experience in Material Design.
- Experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso.
- Experience in integrating SSO and auth modules or libraries.
- Experience in Git or Bitbucket Repository.
- Experience in REST API integration.
- Familiarity with Android local connectivity API (Bluetooth, WiFi, USB).
- Familiarity with RxKotlin / RxJava (operator, thread management, eventBus).
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
What Will I Earn?
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
- Fast-paced Startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Strong meritocracy
- Zero bureaucracy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
How to apply?