Product Designer (UI/UX)
Location: Pune, India
Experience: 0-3 Years
FlytBase is a Silicon Valley and Pune based startup, building the world’s first internet of drones platform for deploying fully-automated and intelligent commercial drones at scale. FlytBase is led by a team of experts in Robotics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning, Product & User experience design and is a global leader in drone automation. FlytBase Labs (R&D lab) is based out of Pune, India.
About the position
We are looking for a Product Designer (UI/UX) to join our award-winning, talented team, building the next generation automated drone applications for our global customers. The ideal candidate gets to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, result-driven environment. Applicants must be good at informing designs through critical design thinking, Design user interfaces for digital platforms including web applications & mobile apps.
- A product designer’s role is largely quite flexible, and can be likened to that of a full-stack designer; a multidisciplinary ‘jack of all trades’ designer who does UX, UI, coding, project management and (perhaps most importantly) problem-solving. In short, a product designer designs solutions to the problems that might arise during the initial process.
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications using storyboards, task flows and sitemaps,etc
- Quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups throughout the design process
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, behaviour with different drones).
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.).
- Document features for seamless handoff to design and development teams.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Detail orientation, execution excellence and entrepreneurial spirit.
- A portfolio of UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Collaboration: Work with individuals of varying roles, skill sets, and backgrounds
- Domain knowledge: Understanding UX fundamentals & technology
- Initiative: A bias toward action, even on items not explicitly within your direct responsibility
- Rational creativity: Ability to think way outside the box, and then dial in on what is feasible
- Communication: Written/verbal storyteller; can present to multiple audiences
- Empathy: Ability & desire to truly get to know your user’s pain points
- Resiliency: Comfortable with ambiguity, failing in a safe environment, and getting out of your comfort zone
- Attention to detail: You absolutely sweat the small stuff
- Curiosity: A hunger to grow and learn new things
- Advocacy: Strong support and appreciation for Enterprise Design Thinking and the importance of the user.
- Prototyping , UX design, UI design, User research, Wireframing, Illustration
What Will I Earn?
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit, and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
- Fast-paced Startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Strong meritocracy
- Zero bureaucracy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
- Learn and grow from the team around you
- Culture that promotes challenging oneself & continuous improvement.
- End- to-end Ownership given to team members.
How to apply?