Location: Pune, India
Who is this position for?
Have you always dreamed of building and programming the next-gen intelligent robots? To make use of your skills in control theory, navigation, computer-vision and machine learning to create magic? To work in an environment where you can take ownership of your work, demonstrate leadership, challenge your team and be challenged? To work with a team of like-minded and talented individuals, pushing the boundaries of human knowledge? If so, you are exactly the person who this position is for!
What Is FlytBase?
FlytBase is a 4-year old, venture-funded, high growth startup – and a global pioneer in software-led automation of commercial drone applications. The team has a cumulative professional experience of several decades, with engineering graduates from IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Texas & Georgia Tech.
FlytBase develops intelligent software that leverages reliable, off-the-shelf drone hardware to automate and scale drone deployments for commercial use-cases. FlytBase platform is hardware-agnostic, has intelligent plugins for autonomy, manages drone fleets via 4G/5G, and uses APIs to integrate into enterprise workflows. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase continues to win awards globally, the most recent one being the ‘NTT Data Open Innovation Global Champion 2019’.
How Important Is Robotics To FlytBase?
Robotics is at the core of everything that FlytBase does – making drones fully autonomous is our key value proposition to customers!
What will be my work like?
Some examples of what Robotics engineering at FlytBase involves:
- Sensor fusion and SLAM for accurate navigation – indoors and outdoors
- Control theory for aggressive and accurate maneuvers
- Using machine-vision for autonomous tracking of, and precise landing on, moving targets
- Leverage AI/ML techniques for object detection, classification and counting
- Figuring out how to make drones detect obstacles in real-time & avoid collisions
- Combining open source & proprietary methods to solve automation challenges
- Co-inventing novel automation approaches that are worthy of global patent filings
We believe that imagination, creativity and problem solving skills are crucial for world-class robotics work, besides attention to detail, a genuine interest in advancing technology, and English skills.
You can also aspire to:
- Interact directly with customers and partners across the world,
- Contribute to the product roadmap and IP strategy,
- Mentor and/or lead a team of talented engineers.
Should I Apply?
Only those candidates need apply who:
- are available for a full-time role in Pune,
- are effective in fast-paced environments,
- want to lead & take responsibility for outcomes,
- have the ability to work in teams to build world-class technology,
- are keen to work across time zones, with global customers,
- love to solve difficult problems!
What is the selection process like?
Hiring for Robotics team at FlytBase is a rigorous 7 stage process, involving a series of tests and interviews. Details of this process are shared with the candidates, once they are shortlisted based on their professional CVs. Essentially, we care about the following:
- Basic numerical, logical and reasoning skills – do you know your basics and are you able to apply those to problem solving?
- Great cultural fit – what motivates you? What do you love to work on? What initiatives have you taken to pursue those interests? How do you plan to continue learning every day?
- Domain knowledge – how well do you know whatever you claim to know? As they say, the devil is in the details. We will get into the details. You have been warned 🙂
What Will I Earn?
This role comes with a market competitive salary – which will remain aligned to your performance, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy. Those who exhibit leadership and deliver meaningful outcomes will be eligible for stock options.
Flexible work hours, informal dress code, talented colleagues, strong meritocracy, zero bureaucracy, professional autonomy, and a company-wide sense of purpose.
So, what are you waiting for?