Senior Robotics Engineer
Location: Pune, India
FlytBase is a venture-funded, high-growth, deep-tech product startup, focused on aerial robotics and autonomy. Its products are used for scanning warehouse inventory, inspecting wind turbines, landing drones on moving targets, aerial monitoring, etc. The team comprises passionate and talented engineers from prestigious institutions, such as IIT-B, IIT-KGP, GeorgiaTech. FlytBase is a great place to work, with strong meritocracy, zero bureaucracy, professional autonomy, and a company-wide sense of purpose. With a rapidly growing select team of experts, FlytBase offers an exciting opportunity to make a dent in the field of aerial robotics.
About the role:
We’re looking for a senior robotics engineer to help bring reliability and scalability to our warehouse inventory scanning product, FlytWare. Our ideal candidate works well in startup environments, is comfortable wearing many hats, and can work in a small team to produce big results.
What you will do:
- Deliver reliable, well tested software to our robots by improving and automating our internal tools, our development environment, programming practices and libraries
- Leverage your deep expertise to optimize the path that our drones take or improve navigation reliability or use deep learning to localize drones in warehouse environments, etc.
- Design and implement components for continuous integration, build systems, automated testing, automated update/deployment and robotics simulation
- Set the bar at a company level for testable, observable, production-quality code
- Contribute to code reviews, architecture reviews, and setting up best practices
- Contribute to hiring and onboarding
What you will bring:
- You have deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: control system; computer vision; machine learning; sensor fusion; SLAM.
- Proficient in either/or C++, Python
- 2+ years of real-world experience delivering robotics (hardware+software) products to customers
- Strong coding skills, understanding of what makes bad code, test driven development
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis, optimization algorithms
- Comfortable with Linux-based operating systems (CLI, scripting, configuration, Git)
- Experience with docker
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test scalable and highly available software systems in a fast-paced environment
- Driven individual, passionate about algorithms, algorithm development, self-starter
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to establish and meet goals and objectives, and to place priorities on work to be completed and to execute those tasks in a timely fashion
- Collaborative, flexible attitude, and shared passion for our mission
Good to haves:
- Working knowledge of ROS
- Experience designing platforms
- Experience working with messaging systems and microservices
- Experience in aerial robotics
- Experience in computer networking, cloud computing, firewalls, DNS, TCP/UDP
- Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCon, RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, and/or contributions to open source projects
What you will get:
- High personal responsibility & room to maneuver
- A creative, dynamic, and talented team with flat hierarchies
- 100% startup atmosphere
- Market competitive salary – which will remain aligned to your performance, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy
- Eligible for stock options if you exhibit leadership and deliver meaningful outcomes
How to apply?